Transform your nursing career and earn an in-demand degree with the online RN to BSN program from Notre Dame of Maryland University.
The NDMU School of Nursing wants to focus on you and your educational journey, providing you the opportunity to reflect on your current practice, identifying how caring can be preserved as the foundation of nursing and working to transform health care through caring practice. Gain the skills and knowledge needed to enhance your career opportunities in nursing while fulfilling the educational requirements of many health care employers. Most students complete their degree in 15 to 18 months.
- Critical Care Nurse
- Labor and Delivery Nurse
- Medical-Surgical Nurse
- Nurse Manager
- Occupational Health Nurse
- NUR-300 Foundations of Caring Science (1)
- NUR-302 Caring Approaches to Practice (3)
- NUR-306 Writing for Professionals (1)
- NUR-314 Nursing Situations in Palliative Caring (3)
- NUR-316 Spirituality in Nursing Practice (3)
- NUR-319 Holistic Health Assessment and Nutrition Across the Life Span for Professional Nurses (5)
- NUR-400 Information Systems for Caring Nursing Practice (3)
- NUR-411 Healthy Aging for Professional Nurses (3)
- NUR-412 Population Health through a Caring Lens (4)
- NUR-420 Nursing Research for Professional Nurses (3)
- NUR-440 Caring Nursing Leadership for Professional Nurses (3)
- NUR-450 Capstone Experience (2)
- Current, active unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the student’s state of residence.*
*All students must maintain this licensure throughout the program of study. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the University.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Requirements
Students must complete a minimum of 120 credits, which includes University and School of Nursing requirements to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. RN to BSN students must complete 11 courses in the nursing major (31 credits), 21 credits of department requirements and 24 General Education credits.
Students may transfer up to 68 credits based on individual transcripts. General education and science courses are reviewed for transfer; nursing credits will not be transferred.
RN to BSN Articulation Model:
Registered Nurses with an active unencumbered Maryland or compact RN license articulating to the baccalaureate level are awarded a minimum of thirty (30) upper division nursing credits in the RN to BSN program.Apply Now
Tuition And Financial Aid
- Tuition: $380 per credit
- Registration/Technology Fee (nonrefundable): $195 per term
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Notre Dame of Maryland University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Take the first step towards your new career!