In 1895, Notre Dame of Maryland University was founded as an institution to educate women, who at that time- were neglected by society in educational spaces. More than ever, NDMU continues to educate students who are hungry to make their mark on the world and be a force for positive change. We offer bachelor’s and graduate degrees, certificates, and professional programs.
At Notre Dame of Maryland University, we’ve always attracted students who have been passionate about finding their purpose. And as of fall of 2023, we will welcome our first-ever coeducational, gender-inclusive undergraduate freshman class. More people doing more good. That’s the idea. No matter where you are in your educational journey, NDMU will give you the tools, the confidence, and the support to help translate your natural talents into making a meaningful difference.
Notre Dame of Maryland University educates leaders to transform the world. Embracing the vision of the founders, the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the University promotes the advancement of women and provides a liberal arts education in the Catholic tradition. Notre Dame challenges women and men to strive for intellectual and professional excellence, to build inclusive communities, to engage in service to others, and to promote social responsibility.
- Notre Dame of Maryland University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- The School of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Degree and certificate programs across the University are approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).
- The Maryland State Department of Education and MHEC collaborate on the approval of education programs.
- The School of Nursing Baccalaureate Degree Program, which includes the RN to BSN option, is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).