Our increasingly culturally diverse society calls for education professionals who can respond to the needs of changing populations.
As the higher education landscape in Maryland and the nation undergoes substantial change and innovation, now is the time to earn the online master’s in higher education degree designed to help you lead institutions into an ever-changing future. With the M.A. in Higher Education Leadership for Changing Populations program from Notre Dame of Maryland University, you’ll discover the importance of higher education administration in a globally diverse society.
This online master’s in higher education program offers concentrations in enrollment management and philanthropy, each of which cover topics including education policy, strategic planning, learning theory and more. The M.A. in Higher Education Leadership for Changing Populations program maximizes professional competence in educational leadership and provides students innovative educational opportunities to address changing populations.
- 100% online
- Two career-focused areas of concentration
- Leads to NDMU’s online Ph.D. in Higher Education Leadership for Changing Populations
- Admissions director
- Development director
- Financial aid director
- Marketing director
- Associate vice president for enrollment management
- Associate vice president for institutional advancement
- EDU-557 Leadership (3)*
- EDU-698 Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in Higher Education (3)
- EDU-760 Legislative and Legal Decisions Affecting Changing Populations (3)
*Stackable in Areas of Certification
- EDU-722 Education and Policy Analysis for Higher Education (3)
- EDU-803 Assessment, Accreditation, and the Strategic Planning Process (3)
- EDU-804 Finance, Philanthropy, and Budgeting for Higher Education (3)
- EDU-XXX Internship in Higher Education Leadership (3)**
- EDU-XXX Student Affairs (3)
- EDU-563 Curriculum Development (3)
- BUS-XXX Principles of Philanthropic Development (3)*
- EDU-XXX Principles of Enrollment Management and Retention (3)*
*Stackable in Areas of Certification
**If student elects an optional Area of Concentration, EDU XXX Internship in Higher Education is not required.
- EDU-543 Reading, Analyzing, and Interpreting Educational Research (3)
- EDU-567 Learning Theory and Practice (3)
- EDU-XXX Principals of Enrollment Management and Retention (3)
- EDU-XXX Financial Aid and Data Analytics for Enrollment Planning (3)
- EDU-XXX Enrollment Marketing and Communications (3)
- EDU-XXX Leadership and Strategic Planning for Enrollment Management Professionals (3)
- PHIL 5XX – Principles of Philanthropic Development (3)
- NPM 545 – Fundraising and Grant Writing (3)
- PHIL 5XX – Cultivation and Donor Relations (3)
- PHIL 5XX – Communications and Branding in Philanthropy (3)
To be considered for admission to Notre Dame of Maryland University for graduate programs, a new applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and submit the following:
- Completed application.
- Official transcript(s) from all undergraduate and graduate coursework taken.
- Transcripts submitted for admissions review purposes must be from an accredited college/university.
- Admissions Essay – Please see below (Not needed for those with previous master’s degree).
ADMISSIONS ESSAY QUESTION
Please address the following questions for your admissions essay of 300-500 words: What are your goals and objectives in pursuing graduate study in your chosen program? How have your experiences (academic, professional, and/or personal) prepared you to successfully complete this program?Apply Now
Tuition And Financial Aid
- Tuition: $575 per credit*
*Registration/Technology Fee (nonrefundable): $195 per termFinancial Aid
Take the first step towards your new career!