Gifted and talented children have unique educational needs, and an online master’s in gifted education can help you provide the individualized curricula and support these students need for success.
Notre Dame of Maryland University’s online M.A. in Gifted and Talented Education degree program provides educators with the skills needed to effectively teach the brightest and most promising young minds. Whether you’re earning your master’s in gifted education or your Gifted and Talented Education Specialist (GATES) certification, you can explore new teaching methods and gain experience practicing effective delivery techniques, all while completing coursework on your own schedule.
Graduates with a certification or a master’s degree in gifted education will stand out in the field and be able to offer the best learning experiences possible to their students — helping shape tomorrow’s leaders today.
- All courses offered fully online
- Values-based curriculum
- Multiple start dates
- Access to online tutoring resources
GATES CertificationRequired by law in Baltimore, Maryland, and rapidly gaining popularity across the United States, the GATES certification gives teachers the basic skills needed to effectively educate gifted and talented students, in accordance with the National Association of Gifted Children (NAGC). This certification is ideal for teachers who have previously earned a master’s degree and are striving for career advancement.
- EDU-557 Leadership I
- EDU-567 Learning Theory and Practice
- EDU-665 Digital Game-Based Learning and Design
- EDU-676 Educational Applications of Multimedia OR EDU-544 Educational Assessment
- An Approved Elective in Educational Field
- EDGT-500 Foundations of Gifted and Talented Education
- EDGT-501 Affective Characteristics of Diverse Gifted and Talented Learners
- EDGT-502 Curriculum for the Gifted and Talented
- EDGT-503 Research Seminar in Gifted and Talented Education
- EDGT-504 Practicum in Gifted and Talented Education
- EDGT-505 Strategies for Gifted and Talented Education
- EDGT-506 Theory and Development of Creativity
- Complete all sections of the application
- Submit admissions essay, all transcripts and GRE score to:
Notre Dame of Maryland University
School of Education
4701 North Charles St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21210
A personal admissions essay is required to enroll in this master’s degree program. Essays are required to be 300-500 words and must be submitted along with all transcripts and GRE scores when applying for enrollment. Those applying for the post master’s certification only are not required to submit an admissions essay.
For more information, contact an enrollment counselor.Apply Now
Tuition And Financial Aid
- Tuition: $550 per credit
- Registration/Technology Fee (nonrefundable): $185 per term
- Financial aid is available to all who qualify. After submitting your application, you will be contacted by a personal tuition planner who will discuss your financial aid options with you. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to get started.
- For more information, visit our Tuition and Financial Aid page.
Take the first step towards your new career!