Meet the increasing needs of philanthropy within higher education and nonprofit organizations.
The demands of changing demographics in today’s increasingly diverse society support the need for a new generation of philanthropy professionals. The online Certificate in Philanthropy from Notre Dame of Maryland University is designed to meet these demands by transforming students into determined professionals who are capable of impacting diverse societies through philanthropy. With the training necessary to lead institutions and organizations into an ever-changing future, this philanthropy certificate program delivers the results today’s society needs.
Based on experiential learning, this philanthropy certificate program allows students to conduct class projects within their own organizations. The Certificate of Philanthropy curriculum provides an interdisciplinary approach to studying donor behavior, strategic business planning, the needs of nonprofit organizations and campaign strategy through communications. Upon completion, the credits you earn through the online Certificate in Philanthropy program can be applied seamlessly to the Master of Arts in Higher Education Leadership for Changing Populations or Master of Arts in Nonprofit Management (program available on campus).
- Learn on your schedule
- Instruction from industry-experienced educators
- Transfer your philanthropy certification credits to a master’s degree
- Fundraising manager
- Grant proposal manager
- Major gift director
- Corporate giving director
- Development director
- Foundation director
- PLAN-501 – Principles of Philanthropic Development (3)
- NPM-545 – Fundraising and Grant Writing (3)
- PLAN-503 – Cultivation and Donor Relations (3)
- PLAN-502 – Communications and Branding in Philanthropy (3)
To be considered for admission to Notre Dame of Maryland University for certificate programs, a new applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and submit the following:
- Completed application
- Official transcript(s) from all undergraduate and graduate coursework taken
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Tuition And Financial Aid
- Tuition: $500 per credit*
*Registration/Technology Fee (nonrefundable): $195 per termFinancial Aid
Take the first step towards your new career!